- Provide proof of address with identification such as driver's license
- Complete animal adoption questionnaire
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- If needed, you may bring your dog to the shelter to introduce him or her to a dog you are considering for adoption
- Please see Adoption Fees for pricing information.
- All dogs 6 months and older are assessed by behavior specialists
- Adopted animals are monitored for a 14 day health period to address medical concerns
- All animals are evaluated based on their health, known history, and temperament
- Animals are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
Along with cats, dogs, and rabbits, we sometimes have other animals available such as birds, hamsters, and various rodents.
One of the goals of The Winnipeg Humane Society is to place animals in a responsible and loving permanent home. Weekends at the Shelter are very busy so try to come on a weekday to pick out your new pet. For a list of our location addresses and hours of operation, please see Locations and Hours