Let your love of animals live forever through a planned gift to the Winnipeg Humane Society. Choosing to remember The WHS with a gift in your will is the perfect way to let your care and compassion for animals continue in years to come. This is your legacy.
We’ve put together a series of videos answering your most frequently asked questions about this topic. Watch below:
Why should I choose the WHS for my gift?
How will I be remembered by the WHS?
When is the right time to plan a gift to the WHS?
How do I start the process of Leaving a Legacy at the WHS?
Thinking about leaving a legacy to the animals?
Start by getting a will. Your will can spare your family and friends further stress at a difficult time.
There are many ways to remember The Winnipeg Humane Society in your will. It doesn’t have to be a large amount—every dollar makes a difference. You will become a valued member of our Faithful Forever Society.
- A specific sum of money
- Residue of an estate
- A percentage of the whole residue of the estate
- Property both real and personal ( this could be in the form of a house, cottage, care, jewelry or personal effects
- Life tenancy ( for example the bequest is payable only on the death of the individual who is receiving interest invested in a trust
- Stocks, bonds and mutual funds
Any bequest may be directed to a specific use, but it is preferable to make the gift a general one to ensure the monies received may be directed to the area of greatest need.
What you need to know
All that’s needed to leave a legacy gift is a few sentences. Here is some information that may be helpful:
- Our legal name is The Winnipeg Humane Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Our charitable registration number is 11964 7907 RR0002
- Our address is 45 Hurst Way, Winnipeg, MB, R3T 0R3
For help with will wording, or if you would like to notify us of your decision, click here.
Your will should be made in consultation with your lawyer and financial planner. This ensures that the document is legally binding, properly expresses your wishes and maximizes tax benefits to your estate.
For more information
To speak with Sharon directly about your gift and joining the Faithful Forever Society, email [email protected] or call 204-982-2033