Emergency Food Bank
The Winnipeg Humane Society Emergency Food Bank provides dog and cat food to pet owners in crisis.
We are excited to share our programs and resources with our community, all designed to benefit the pets (and their people) of Winnipeg and the surrounding areas!
“Keeping pets and people together” is our focus, we hope to help you and your pet by providing relief from the cost of feeding your pet during challenging times.
How to Get Help:
Need the program? Fill out the online Emergency Food Bank New Application form.
Already registered? Fill out the online Emergency Food Bank Returning User form.
- All pet food is provided on an “as available” basis and free of charge, Supplement amount may vary depending on supply on hand,
- WHS only supplies food for a maximum of four (4) pets total, per household, requests are further limited to ONE request per month.
- Enrollment is active for one year from date of approval. Pet owners must reapply at that time.
Additional agencies offering pet food supplies
- Animal Food Bank Winnipeg email: [email protected] web: www.animalfoodbank.ca
- Winnipeg Harvest Phone: Phone: (204) 982-3660 email: [email protected] Web: https://winnipegharvest.org
Human foods dogs CAN eat:
Animal protein like chicken, fish, beef, lamb and pork (avoid fat and skin), apples, bananas, blueberries, cantaloupe, broth, watermelon, zucchini, squash, salmon, lentils, garbanzo beans, cottage cheese, carrots, cheese, green beans, honey, kiwi, mango, oatmeal, bread, cooked rice and pasta, peanut butter, pears, pineapple, potatoes, pumpkin, rice, spinach, strawberries, sardines, kale, sweet potato, yogurt.
Human foods cats CAN eat:
Animal protein like chicken, beef, pork, eggs, fish and lamb, liver, cheese, asparagus, banana, beef, blueberries, broth, broccoli, oats, peas, pumpkin, turkey, yogurt, spinach, tuna, eggs, salmon, rice, corn, watermelon, carrots.
PLEASE LOOK AT THE ASPCA’S PEOPLE FOOD TO AVOID AND POISON CONTROL LIST (https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal-poison-control), FOR A LIST OF FOOD TOXIC TO DOGS AND CATS.