Who is the Winnipeg Humane Society?
Our mission: To protect the animals from suffering and promote their welfare and dignity.
- We are Manitoba’s oldest charity – going strong for 125 years!
- We are one of the most successful and progressive adoption centres in Canada.
- We’re responsible for finding homes for more than 4,300 animals and reuniting more than 800 dogs and cats with their owners, each year.
- We perform 35 surgeries a day in our state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly shelter.
- We offer adoption, behaviour classes, foster programs as well as reading programs and day camps for kids.
- Our animal protection officers respond to over 1,500 cruelty/welfare concerns each year.
- Over 700 volunteers dedicate their talents and skills to achieve everything we do.
An employee engagement program with the Winnipeg Humane Society will:
Attract and retain talent
Corporate social responsibility secures and retains talent – your most important asset. Nine out of ten people aged 27-35 say they expect to move jobs in less than three years unless motivated by an effective corporate responsibility program.
Your bottom line
Workplace giving is integral to an effective corporate social responsibility program. In fact, 1/3 of consumers only buy brands based on their social and environmental impact.
A culture of philanthropy
Providing opportunities to impact the community builds a culture of philanthropy that spans the entire organization, from leadership to employees.
Growth and development
Learn new skills and have new experiences. Whether participating in a community impact working group, planning fundraising events, or volunteering, there is a chance to develop personally or professionally.
Innovation comes from new ideas on how to make a difference in the community, which can engage an employer’s customer base at the same time.
Employee Giving FAQ