Several years ago, we made a commitment to become one of the most progressive, efficient and successful shelters in North America. We can say with great pride that we have made incredible achievements in advancing this commitment.
Some recent highlights:
The 2020-2021 fiscal year period saw your WHS pivot our operations to keep up with the constant changes of a global pandemic.
Some of these highlights include:
- Moving to an appointment-only process for our Adoptions, Intake and Clinic teams, to better manage our Capacity for Care model.
- Additional behaviour supports in the community in order to keep more pets in homes.
- The introduction of much-needed community resources like the Emergency Food Bank program and Urgent Care subsidized veterinary care.
- Revamping our events programming to online campaigns that continued to fundraise for the animals in need.
- The introduction of a special restricted fund dedicated to helping reduce euthanasia rates by increasing resources.
- Increased animal welfare advocacy work with the government and other stakeholders.
Find out more about the countless ways you’ve helped with your donations, support, and love for the animals by reading the full report: