Kid Camps are a blast at the WHS!
Please Note: We are staying informed on the latest advisories made by relevant government and health agencies. Should the province announce further restrictions or limitations to camp capacity, we will amend as need be by refunding those based on time of registration. For any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Are you looking for the purr-fect camp for your little animals during Summer Break? Then look no more! Our Kid Camps give children a chance to learn about animals and responsible pet care. We provide a look into our shelter and show campers how we help animals here find new and happy homes. With age-appropriate crafts, games, workshops, guest appearances and presentations, and tons of fun activities, the WHS will help children make the most of their time away from school. Support tomorrow’s humane leaders today with a variety of education youth programming.
5-day camps = $200
4-day camps = $160
Spring Kid 2022 Camp Dates:
March 28th – April 1st (Registration opens January 2022!)
Summer 2022 Kid Camp Dates:
July 4th – 8th
July 11th – 15th
July 18th – 22nd
July 25th – 29th
August 2nd – 5th
August 8th – 12th
August 15th – 19th
August 22nd – 26th
Kid Camp Details
- Interact with our rescue animals
- Behind the scenes shelter tours (due to COVID-19 and the safety protocols our shelter has implemented, all tours and surgery viewings will be cancelled for all kid camps 2020)
- Brand new crafts and exciting games
- Educational opportunities for tomorrow’s humane leaders
- Special guest presentations
- Inspire a life-long love of animals
- WHS Kid Camps are for children aged 6 to 13
- Camp runs from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Camper supervision provided from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Campers need to wear comfortable, practical clothes and enclosed shoes
- Remember to bring a bagged lunch, snacks and a beverage (Kid Camps are nut-free)
COVID-19 UPDATE: At the Winnipeg Humane Society, we know that the unprecedented global pandemic we are facing is challenging. We are staying informed on the latest advisories made by relevant government and health agencies. These include the Manitoba Government, Manitoba Health, and the World Health Organization.
Pertaining to the Manitoba Government’s announcements, the WHS will indeed be hosting our summer kid camps and registration is live! We are limited to only 20 campers per week, so spots are limited. Register today!
We have created several procedures for our upcoming Kid Camps to ensure all campers stay healthy and happy throughout the summer!
Sanitizing & Disinfecting
- At the beginning of every week, children will be taught the correct hand washing procedures.
- We will be implementing hand washing/sanitizing breaks after every activity, game, or craft.
- Hand washing will be enforced before and after any lunch breaks and before and after any bathroom breaks.
- All Camp Staff will have Hand Sanitizer on their person for every child’s use.
- Staff will disinfectant before and after use of any surface such as tables, desks, chairs, floor mats, balls, pencils/markers/crayons, board games, etc. using disinfectant sprays or wipes of 60% or more.
- There will always be a designated staff that will look to disinfect all doorway handles, light switches, faucets & sinks, microwave, and all office surfaces (desks, keyboard, mouse, telephones, shelves, etc.) every morning and at the end of every day.
Limiting the Spread
- At the beginning of every week, children will be taught how to cover their cough with the inside of the elbow.
- Children will be instructed to not touch their faces if they do so they will need to wash or sanitize their hands again.
- We will be limiting the games where children are required to come into close contact with one another.
Maintaining a Safe Environment
- Children are asked to not come to camp if they had a fever in the last 24 hours.
- We will carefully monitor children. Anyone who displays symptoms such as coughing and shortage of breath, seems sluggish, or is complaining that they do not feel well, their main contact will be called, and we will request immediate pick up.
- Social distancing measures will be put in place for all individuals entering the shelter and for the youth participating in camp. For scenarios requiring one on one interaction or where social distancing is not possible, our staff/volunteers will be required to wear fabric masks and all sanitizing protocols will remain in place.
We are staying informed on the latest advisories and recommendations made by relevant government and health agencies. Should anything change or numbers of campers increase per week, we will be sure to make this announcement on our social media.
When registering for camp online, please click on the BOOK NOW button above and head to the desired week of camp on the calendar provided. You can then choose to “SELECT” this week to register and will be prompted to follow the payment process.
Should you cancel your registration within one week of your camp date, no refund will be issued.
For cancellations with more than two weeks’ notice, you will receive a full refund, a $5 admin fee will be applied.
Pre-registration is required – we are limited to 50 children per day.